Marsha's Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease in which I have been diagnosed 25 years ago. In the last 25 years, I have had two major surgeries and various testing and medicines. Last October, I was given the option of going on this new medicine called Humira. This is a self-medication by giving myself injections once every two weeks. After alot of prayer and consideration, Keith and I decided this would be a good option for me to at least give a try. It has been known to give Crohn's patients their life back. With this in mind, we went ahead with this option. October 1, 2007, I began my first injections and have continued with them ever since. After my last appointment with my gastroenterologist, he stated my "disease has quieted down." For this news, we are most grateful. However, I have continued to struggle with the symptoms of the disease, which is what causes me not to be able to leave the house whenever I would like to. Unfortunately, my mornings continue to be a struggle for me. For this, both Keith and I are discouraged, as we were both hoping my life would get back to some sort of normalcy. I know I have several people that have been praying for me for which I so appreciate very much! I truly am encouraged when I see someone and they say they have been praying for me or if I receive an email, etc. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers.
Jessica's Job Journey
Jessica is on her way tonight to Reston, Virginia for her interview tomorrow with Accenture. (www.accenture.com if you want more information about the company.) She will have a one-hour presentation about the company and then two one-hour personal interviews. After that she'll have time to do whatever before her late flight back to Indianapolis at 11:00 p.m. We thank you so very much for upholding her in prayer during this important time in her life She is very grateful for all your care and concerns regarding her life decisions. Thank you, all!
No comments:
Post a Comment