Sunday, February 6, 2011
Wow! It's already February!
Wow! Christmas came and went. New Years came and went. Keith has turned another year older, since I last wrote on here. Jess has also turned another year older, just this week. But, twenty-five years ago today was the day we went to pick up our beautiful baby girl, Jessica Lynn. How blessed we have been! I'll never forget that day. The day previous to this, there had been an ice/snow storm. Our case worker had called the day before and asked me, "How ready are you for a baby?" I replied, "Well, we'd just have to get some diapers and bottles. My sister had a baby the previous October and had some things we could use that her baby girl had grown out of already." He replied, "Well, we have a baby girl for you." "YOU DO?!?" "Do you think you can come here tomorrow and pick her up?" I said, "We'll DEFINITELY BE THERE!" He asked me if I thought Keith would be able to get off work. I laughed and said, "Oh yes, he'll be able to get off work, for sure!" The next day, February 6, 1986, our lives changed forever. Thank You, Lord!
Then, we held her in our arms for awhile, we held her hand for another while, and now she's on her own and in a dating relationship with Andy. The Lord has been so good to have blessed her in so many different ways. For that we are so thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVED reading about that special day when you picked up Jessica Lynn, and how that little girl captured your heart for eternity. It brought back memories of the day we got a call that a baby was waiting for us. You never forget the words of that phone call. I'm rejoicing with you today as you reflect back on the day that forever changed your lives.
Post a Comment