Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Sunset


Last week, my dad took a fall after first passing out, and I drove up to Ludington to be of support to Mom and Dad. When I arrived at the hospital, I never expected to see him in such a way. He had a huge black eye (very puffed up and almost swollen shut), 13 staples in his head, 5 stitches on his lip, a missing tooth from his plate, 3 broken ribs and other bruises on his face, along with being diagnosed with pneumonia. I felt so bad for him. He had no idea what had happened.
When I arrived at the hospital, Mom had been at the hospital all day with Uncle Bill and Aunt Dianne. They had left just before I arrived. (Their help and support was so appreciated!) When Dad finally got settled into his room, Mom and I went and got something to eat and then headed back to the house. Mom got into the house and I took a very fast drive down to the lakeshore to snap this picture of the sunet. I couldn't help myself; I just had to get it!
Just another beautiful portrait by our Creator. Thank You, Lord, for your many blessings for which we are so underserving.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

So sorry to hear about your dad, Marsha! Hope he is healing well.
Beautiful sunset!

Judi said...

Oh, Marsha! What a GLORIOUS picture! Oh, thanks SO much for sharing that. I cannot say enough how VERY much I miss sunsets since moving into the mountains where there are none! What a gift you have given to me. I just sat and looked at it and praised the Lord. Oh, how I long to enjoy them daily like I used to in Indiana! Sigh...

So sorry about your dad. Is he doing better?