Sunday, March 8, 2009

Jess Arrives Home for a Weekend Visit...


Jessica arrived home Wednesday night. She came home to attend a wedding of a high school classmate, Alissa, on Friday night. Thursday evening, a group of former high school friends all got together for a bachelorette party and hung out for awhile. It was a fun time of catching up with each other, finding out what everyone is doing with their lives now. Jessica totally enjoyed the time with them.

While at home, Jessica always makes time for one of her best friends, Karley. They always try to do something special when she's at home. Last night, they went to dinner at a nice restaurant. Then, she ended up staying at Karley's house for the night and then going to church today and then home.

Of course, when Jess comes home, I let her take my car to do her running around...and she puts gas in it for me, so that's always nice! Plus, I don't mind, as I don't usually go too many places on the weekend that I couldn't use Keith's car for anyway. Well, this morning, Keith left for church after 8:00. I listened to the service, as usual, online. Right after the service was finished, the phone rang and it was Jess. She was on her way to church. She wanted to know what to do. She was at the corner of the East Beltline and 28th St SE (one of the busiest corners in West Michigan) and my car died! I immediately called Keith and left him a voice mail and called the tow service, which said they would be there in 30-45 minutes. What a morning! A couple of nice people did end up stopping to help her get the car off the street into a parking lot, thankfully!
Since it was going to take so long for the tow guy to get there, Keith ended up taking Jess to her church and returning to the site to continue waiting for the wrecker. The car was towed to our mechanic's business and will be taken care of tomorrow, I'm sure. No worries. God is good to have protected her and myself. I feel like if something like that was going to happen, it was nice that she had a cell phone to call people. If it had happened while I was driving the car, I would have been stranded without a phone. I'm not saying I was glad it happened to her. But, just the fact that I could have been on my way on the highway driving to my doctor downtown Grand Rapids and something could have happened. For that I am thankful.

After Keith and Jessica arrived home, we had dinner, she took a little nap, and before we knew it, she was on her way back to the airport! :( It was just great to see her and have her coming and going, etc. Even though she's a busy girl when she comes home, it's just so nice to see her and be able to love on her for a short time. :)

Thanks Jess for a wonderful weekend!! :D


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.