Monday, July 14, 2008

Thanking the Lord for a Nice Weekend...

Keith and I decided it was such a beautiful day, that we would take a drive over to Grand Haven. We drove over and found a nice parking place on very close to the waterfront. We decided we would walk out to the pier. We started on the opposite end of the pier and walked the boardwalk to the lighthouse.
As we were walking the boardwalk toward the pier, I heard someone say our names. I looked over and who would I see but my cousins, Dennis and Melody Nordine, who are missionaries in the Philippines and are home on furlough! So, we greeted them and sat and had a nice visit with them. They had been in a church in Grand Haven in the morning and decided to stop and spend some time walking out to the lighthouse. Come to find out, the pastor of the church they were at is Rev. Ray Paget. He's a board member at Freedom Baptist Schools.
We finally made it out to the lighthouse! It's the first time I had ever walked waaay out to the lighthouse in Grand Haven. Keith had walked out there before with Jessica, but I hadn't.

Sunday was a really nice day as we left Grand Rapids. However, as soon as we got to Grand Haven, the sky turned overcast and chilly. We did our walk to the pier and returned back to the boardwalk/marina area. We got to where the little shops are and we just HAD to have some ice cream. So, Keith went to an ice cream place and got a turtle sundae. It was a delicious sundae, and we had such a nice afternoon just enjoying the beautiful day and surroundings.

Saturday evening, we took another little trip. This time it was to the grocery store! Now, for most of you, I'm sure that doesn't sound very exciting. However, for Keith and myself, it was pretty exciting. Normally, I don't do the grocery shopping, as I would always get in line and then have to look up a restroom, which would be very frustrating for me. Anyway, we did our shopping together and drove back home without incident. Awesome! :)

We sure thanked the Lord for working in my life so that I was healthy enough to make these outings. Right now, we are making baby steps for each little thing.

Thank you so much Lord for the strength you gave me to do these things.






No comments: